Description. The CmapTools program empowers users to construct, navigate, share and criticize knowledge models represented as concept maps. It allows users to, among many other features, construct their Cmaps in their personal computer, share them on servers (CmapServers) anywhere on the Internet, link their Cmaps to other Cmaps on servers, automatically create web pages of their concept maps on servers, edit their maps synchronously (at the same time) with other users on the Internet, and search the web for information relevant to a concept map.
The IHMC CmapTools client is free for use by anybody, whether its use is commercial or non-commercial. In particular, schools and universities are encouraged to download it and install it in as many computers as desired, and students and teachers may make copies of it and install it at home.
Select a target platform for system requirements and download:
System requirements for Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/Vista
- PC with 500 megahertz (MHz) or higher processor clock speed, Intel Pentium/Celeron family, AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended.
- 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended.
- Disk space requirements: 75 MB of available hard disk space.
- Super VGA (800 X 600) or higher resolution video adapter and monitor.
- Keyboard and Mouse or compatible pointing device.
Important Information for CmapTools
- In order to reach CmapServers (Places) you need to be connected to a Local Area Network (LAN) or/and Internet. A detailed description of the CmapTools Network Architecture can be found in this white paper. The network Architecture of CmapTools