After pestering from our customers for years, Techsol is now offering an extremely cost-effective computer with a Color, TFT LCD and Touch panel targeting Human-Machine Interface (HMI) applications.
This standard, off-the-shelf, ARM-powered, Industrial-Grade, Single-Board Computer (SBC) features:
- QVGA (320×240) 3.5″, Color, TFT LCD Panel in Landscape format, with 256,000 colors, adjustable LED Backlight, and Touch panel
- To meet changing power requirements, the ARM-920T processor can run at speeds ranging from 12 MHz to 200 or 266 MHz. This processor features 32 kB of cache, 64 MB of Mobile SDRAM for reduced power consumption, and 128 MB (or more) of NAND FLASH, plus a separate NOR FLASH for reliable boot-loader and SW update options
- Low-power, passive cooling enables fanless operation
- High-quality, 16-bit Audio In & Out (for MP3s, Announcements, etc.)
- Low-power, Real-Time Clock (RTC) with Battery Backup included
- Memory Card Connector for SD and MMC cards
- Full-speed, USB Host port (USB Type A connector)
- USB Device (Gadget) port (USB Type B connector)
- 44-pin header for expansion, including SPI, I²C, UART, IrDA, GPIOs, 8-bit expansion bus, etc.
- 10/100-BaseT Ethernet interface with RJ45 connector featuring integrated LED status indicators
- RS232 serial interface on DE9 connector
- 16-pin header for your custom power-supply (optional), or just drive it all off a single 5V supply
- To reduce power consumption, software can turn the backlight intensity ON/OFF and control the brightness
- Ships with the proven Medallion Linux 2.6 plus drivers pre-installed!
Dimensions: 4″ x 4.25″ x 1.25″
GUI options include:
- Linux Framebuffer (FB), operating in 16-bit, 65,536-color mode
- Nano-X on FB, for a simple, “Windows-like” API
- QtEmbedded on FB for a contemporary, appealing visual design and enhanced functionality
- X11 (KDrive) on FB for standard Linux/Unix graphics
- FLTK on X, for a full-featured, extensible, yet free GUI
- GTK+ on X, for full PC compatibility
- We’ve even ported over obscure GUIs, such as EZWGL, for critical control environments where C++ is not allowed (such as food processing lines)
“This computer provides more features at a lower cost than anything else on the market.” said Brian Empey, P.Eng., CEO of Techsol. “By putting everything onto a single board, we provide the robustness demanded of our Industrial customers, but at a price-point that even our fiscally-prudent, medical-device customers love!” In fact, this product has been in trials with a number of medical device companies who plan to use it as the HMI for their products. In addition, the design is so flexible that it can be used as a platform for handheld computers too.
Not surprisingly, Techsol has developed many products that use LCDs for its clients. These products range from FDA-approved medical devices to high-volume consumer gadgets. However, Techsol has not had a standard product with a TFT display and touch panel at a cost-effective price point targeting HMI applications until now.
|Order Quantity||Unit Price (standard 200 MHz speed)||Discount|
The TPC-35 is available from stock and every unit is tested running Linux before it ships! Single units are available as development kits with full SW development tools and support. Call for pricing.
Embedded Engineering is the same all over the world. Engineers face the same challenges of having too much to do, and not enough time or money to do it with. Techsol’s Medallion CPU modules address this issue and provide a solution that extends into the production stages of a product, not just the proof-of-concept stage like most SBCs. We want our technology to be as accessible to engineers in New Zealand as it is in California. It’s a challenge, but we are doing what we can.
Techsol’s Medallion system is unique in the embedded computer world. Over time, the Medallion Single-board computer product line will encompass many CPUs. However, the pin-out and form-factor will remain the same. There will be one Medallion module that is best matched to your application.
By designing with the Medallion system, you are effectively out-sourcing your CPU design and Linux porting with no up-front NRE fees! That lets your team concentrate on the hardware and software portions of your product that your customers see. The result is that you can create a higher-quality product in a fraction of the time (and cost) of designing everything yourself from scratch! Plus, the interchangeable modules extend product life-cycle times.
Techsol is headquartered in Delta, British Columbia, Canada, where the mighty Fraser River meets the Pacific Ocean.