By: Student Blog Project
What exactly are mind maps?
How exactly do they work?
Student Blog Project will answer all your queries about it.
Mind maps are drawing of data and facts in such a way that they are all connected to each other. Our brain processes this information to get a clear and distinct picture of all that there is to link between different sources. It might interest you to know that mind maps had been used by detectives before and up till today to solve crimes as they connect all of the pieces of information together.
Mind Map Guidelines:
- Start of in the centre of a piece of paper with a picture of the main topic.
- Use as many pictures, symbols, dimensions and images whenever possible to illustrate main points.
- Identify key words and print using both upper and lower casing.
- Each individual line or picture should lie along the same line through which it is connected.
- Lines drawn out from the main centre image should be thick towards the centre and thinning out as it reaches the sides of the paper.
- Make the lines the same length as the word.
- Make use of colors throughout the mind map.
- Develop your own personal style of mind mapping.
- Use emphasis and associations to link points in the mind map.
- Make a clear outline along your mind map to make it more dynamic and readable.
Source: Student Blog Project