By: Cornel Iakobcsuk
The Mind Map is perfectly suited to innovative thinking as it consumes all the skills commonly found with creativity, especially imagination, association of ideas and flexibility. Psychological research has identified several fundamental elements in creative thinking including: the use of colors, shapes, dimensions, unusual elements, the adjustment of conceptual positions and response to an emotionally appealing objects.
Mind Mapping principles are a peripheral manifest of all of these defined categories: it is a peripheral manifest of the complete thinking process. The nearly identical nature of creative thinking and mnemonic (memory) principles confirms the Mind Map as the essential and natural tool for these forms of thoughts.
Applying the creative thinking Mind Mapping technique correctly can facilitate individual Mind Mappers to create at least twice as many innovative ideas as a traditional large brainstorming group in the same period of time. Tony Buzan (the founder of Mind Mapping) states there are five stages in the creative thinking process:
1) The Quick-Fire Mind Map Burst
2) First Reconstruction and Revision
4) Second Reconstruction and Revision
5) The Final Stage
With the introduction of computer based Mind Mapping in the last couple of years, Mind Mapping has become even easier. Mind Mapping software such as Tony Buzan’s iMindMap utilizes the true principles of Mind Mapping and duplicate the non-linear thinking process of the brain, creating an explosion in creativity, innovation and knowledge sharing. Computer based Mind Mapping can be just as effective as traditional Mind Mapping as a creative thinking tool, if not more!
Summary of creative thinking Mind Map benefits:
- They automatically utilize all the creative thinking skills.
- They generate ever-increasing mental energy as the Mind Mapper moves towards his/her goal.
- They allow the Mind Mapper to view a great many elements all at once, thus increasing the probability of creative association and integration.
- They enable people’s brains to track out ideas which normally lie in obscurity on the edge of their thinking.
- They increase the probability of gaining new ideas.
- They encourage playfulness, humor and innovation thus increasing the probability of the Mind Mapper straying far from the norm and producing a truly creative idea.
- Give Mind Mapping software such as Tony Buzan’s iMindMap a go and see how it helps to further enhance your creativity.
Download iMindMap Files
Shopping for Gifts:
Please Note: All the example Mind Maps were created using Buzan’s iMindMap – The offical software from Tony Buzan, inventor of Mind Mapping. To open and edit these files you will need to have iMindMap installed. If you do not have iMindMap you can easily download and try the software for FREE by clicking HERE.
Tony Buzan is the world’s leading expert on the brain and is the inventor of Mind Mapping®, the thinking technique used by over 250 million people worldwide. Whilst many products have claimed to allow you to Mind Map on a computer, none have managed to fully duplicate Tony’s world renowned process. Until now that is..
iMindMap gives you the infinite visual variety, portability, freedom, brain friendliness and effectiveness of traditional, highly proven Mind Mapping® techniques.
iMindMap is the ultimate thinking tool which allows you to work, learn and think smarter so you can excel in any area of your life.