After years of steady growth and development, mind mapping software has reached critical mass as a key business tool for busy executives and entrepreneurs, according to a leading expert on this type of productivity software.
Waterford, WI (PRWEB) April 28, 2008 — After years of steady growth and development, mind mapping software has reached critical mass as a key business tool for busy executives and entrepreneurs, according to a leading expert on this type of productivity software.
Chuck Frey, author of The Mind Mapping Software Weblog (http://mindmapping.typepad.com) and founder of InnovationTools.com (http://www.innovationtools.com), recently published a new report, The Mind Mapping Manifesto, that explains why this emerging class of productivity software is so well suited to the needs of leaders, managers and entrepreneurs, and how it can be utilized to handle common planning, research and brainstorming tasks.
“Mind mapping software is an elegant and powerful solution to many of today’s workplace challenges, including information overload, lack of time for planning and the growing need for innovative thinking,” Frey explains. “The problem is that not enough businesspeople know about it. So I decided to do something about that.”
This new 51 page report, published in a convenient e-book format, builds a compelling business case for mind mapping software. This report covers:
- The significant cost of information overload and multi-tasking,
- What research proves about the productivity benefits of mind mapping software in business
- Perspectives from 10 mind mappers on the impact this type of software has made on the way they think, plan and work.
- A list of over 20 business applications where mind mapping software can be used for increased efficiency
- Ten tips on how to select the right mind mapping program
- A checklist to help businesspeople to identify their needs
- Reviews of 5 top mind mapping programs that Frey personally recommends
- A “best of” list of the programs that offer the greatest performance in 8 key areas, and
- A collection of over 50 resources where readers can learn more about the best tools, resources and advice on the topic of mind mapping software.
Mind mapping software already has an impressive track record as an executive productivity tool. Last year, Frey conducted a survey of users of this type of productivity software, which showed that it increased their productivity by an average of 20 percent.
“That’s the equivalent of getting back one day per work week, which can be used for higher value-added projects,” he adds. “I wrote The Mind Mapping Manifesto to help spread the word about the productivity benefits this type of software offers, and to help executives to make an informed decision about investing in it.”
Chuck Frey is the founder of InnovationTools.com (http://www.innovationtools.com), the leading portal site on the web for business innovation. He is also the author of The Mind Mapping Software Blog (http://mindmapping.typepad.com) and has written numerous product reviews. In addition, he has written a popular e-book on best practices for mind mapping software, entitled Power Tips & Strategies for Mind Mapping Software (http://www.mindmap-ebook.com/v2/). He is widely regarded as one of the “gurus” in this software genre.
For more information, please visit The Mind Mapping Manifesto website: http://www.mindmappingmanifesto.com.